Automotive Plastic Trim Design Engineer
Min. 3-8 Yrs. Industry-relevant Experience
DME/BE/ Automobile/ Production/ Polymer Engineering
Immediate or Max. 1 Month.
- Hands-on Automotive design in Door Panels, Instrument Panel, cockpit parts, pillar trims (interior)
- Expertise in plastic component design and knowledge and understanding of tooling.
- Concept Creation, Master Section Creation, Defining Split Line, Defining Interface between Parts is Must.
- Knowledge of Assembly Methods and Fixation Features is important.
- Expert in Catia V5 and engineering data management systems.
- Must have good CATIA skills. Must be proficient in Surfacing, solid modeling, and drafting workbench.
- Should be aware of parametric design methodology. Awareness about power copy and CCP links is an advantage.
- Must know about basic plastic design guidelines (plastic defects and how to avoid them in design). Basic awareness about tooling (slider and lifter analysis).
- Must be aware of fixation and locator concept. 3-2-1 assembly principle. Basic Awareness of the RPS concept is an advantage.
- Should also have good presentation skills with skills of verbal and written English.
- Overseas client experience adds an advantage.